Different Ways To Freeze Alphonso Mangoes For A Long Time
Only a true mango lover would know the importance of freezing mangoes for long-lasting and keeping them fresh in the freezer. Summers are the only season wherein you can get your hands on farm-fresh Hapus (Alphonso) or other varieties of mangoes such as Kesar, Badam, Langda, Chaunsa, etc. Thanks to the evolution in the digital space we can now order the mangoes online to get home delivery of organic and great quality mangoes. All you have to do is order them online on websites such as AamWalla and store them in bulks. Here in this article, we take you through a complete guide on different ways of freezing the mangoes for long-lasting or for making recipes on different days.
Guide to freeze the Mangoes
- Order the mangoes in bulk. You can choose to get half unripped mangoes and half completely riped
- Use the riped mangoes for recipes, breakfasts, juices, and other purposes
- You can also store the riped mangoes by cutting them into pieces and storing them in the freezer
- If you like, you can take the pulp of the mango out. Store this in a container and keep it in the freezer for longer use
- The remaining unripped mangoes you can store in the freezer
- Whenever your riped mangoes slot is over take the unripped mangoes out of the freezer. Keep them at normal temperature. This will enable the mangoes to ripe fastly. Once they are ready, consume them any way you want
- Farm fresh and good quality unripped mangoes stay fresh for 3-4 weeks when stored in the freezer. Once they are in good condition to eat, you can take them out and eat
Different ways of freezing Mangoes:
1. Chop into pieces
Take the ripped or raw mango. Chop them into pieces and store these pieces into a container. Keep the container in refrigerator. You can use these frozen chopped mangoes slices for garnishing recipes or add them to the salad.
2. Freezed Mango pulp
Peel the mango and take the pulp out in a container. Then store the pure mango pulp in the freezer. These can last for 5-6 days. You can make Mango lassi with them or Aamras.
3. Peel the mangoes and freeze
Peel the mango and store it in the refrigerator. You can use it for normal eating. Or remove the seed with the help of a knife and add the mixture of milk, sugar, nuts to the center. Store this in the freezer and slice them before eating.
4. Make smoothie or juice and freeze
Take completely ripped Mangoes. Peel them and slice them into small pieces. Add the slices to the blender, add milk, little water if needed, and sugar. Garnish the smoothie with nuts or coconut powder. For juice, you can simply grind the pulp and serve it chilled with little sugar added to it.
5. Store whole Mangoes in the freezer
Ripped mangoes are used in hundred different ways. You can slice them, add in a salad, or eat it whole. Every time you open the refrigerator you don’t need to spend time peeling the fruit. Thus peel 5-6 mangoes at a time and store it in the freezer for instant use.
If you found the above information helpful, then do let us know. Stay hooked on Aamwalla for such exciting updates.