How to consume mangoes during Weight Loss?
It’s that time of the season once again when the smell of mangoes fills the air. The King Of Fruits has a huge fan following not only in India but overseas too. India ranks first among the mango-producing nations and boasts of a wide range of varieties like Ratnagiri Alphonso, Badami of Karnataka, Dasheri from Lucknow and Kesar of Gujarat to name a few. Alphonso Mangoes of Ratnagiri and Devgad is considered the best and are also exported overseas in huge numbers contributing to the economy.
Health Benefits of Mangoes
Mango addicts are filled with joy to see the markets overflowing with their favourite fruit in all shades of sunshine yellow and sizes. Truly a bowl full of juicy Alphonso is just too hard to resist for us mere mortals. Not many know that mangoes are a rich source of Vitamin A, C and K along with other essential nutrients compared to bananas. They are also known for purifying your blood. Mangoes are good not only for your skin but your hair too. They also keep your eyes, bones and muscles healthy.
Does eating Mangoes leads to weight gain?
Mangoes are filled with health benefits but there are many who think that adding mangoes to their diet leads to weight gain. Therefore the fruit is mostly avoided by the health nuts. But here is some good news for all those health-conscious people who are a fan of Alphonsoes. You can consume the luscious fruit without worrying about weight gain. It is no secret that Mangoes are loaded with sugar and carbohydrates but if we exercise portion control then it is quite possible to enjoy the King Of Fruit without worrying about gaining weight.
5 Best ways to Have Your Mango and Maintain weight too
1 Eat Mangoes for Breakfast
Start your day with a bowl full of mangoes on an empty stomach as it not only gives you a feeling of a full stomach but also gives your body the much-needed fibre. Your body will also be able to absorb most of the nutrients in it.
2. Mangoes as snacks
Consuming mangoes as a snack in between meals or in the evening will help you avoid junk food. The fibre and water content in the King Of Fruits will keep you full till the next meal.
- Perfect Replacement for dessertIndian households love indulging in desserts alphonso is naturally sweet and will fulfil your sugar cravings with ease with some added health benefits.
- Best before Pre or post-workout
Mangoes are also an excellent source of carbohydrates so you can consume them before a workout in a gym. The vitamins and antioxidants present in them will help your muscles recover quicker after a workout.
Avoid overconsumption of Mangoes
- Indians love to have mangoes with their meals as aamras or slices. But if you consume the mango so it will lead to weight gain. Therefore never consume mangoes with or after a meal as you may consume more calories.
- Avoid it in juice form as it removes the fibre from the fruit and makes it less nutritious and filling. Also, avoid store-bought mango juices as they contain more sugar.
- Do not overeat mangoes as it can lead to weight
- Consuming mangoes in excess can result in gastrointestinal problems like stomach pain, indigestion and diarrhoea.