Proven health benefits of mangoes during pregnancy
If there’s a fruit that’s unanimously loved by all, it has to be the farm-fresh organic alphonso mangoes. These aromatic, juicy, and pulpy fruits have been a part of the human diet since the beginning of time. No wonder they’ve earned the title of, “The undisputed king of fruits”. But, apart from being a source of indulgence, mangoes (alphonso, kesar or dasheri) also offer a string of health benefits during pregnancy. So, as you order alphonso mango online and, stay safe at home, we’ll walk you through the health benefits of this fruit during pregnancy.
- Foetal development: Organic mangoes are highly rich in Folic acid. A healthy dose of folic acid during pregnancy prevents the baby from a lot of complications. It aids the development of the brain and the spinal cord in the fetus. Mango consumption prevents the defects in the neural tubes which may occur in early pregnancy.
- Improved gut health: Mangoes provide rich amount of potassium and fiber, which help in regulating the gut health in an expecting mother. Thereby, preventing her from constipation-related illness. As it is said, a healthy gut leads to a healthy mind and body, something which is essential for the development of the baby.
- A power-packed source of antioxidants: Mangoes act as the storage house for antioxidants. Antioxidants play an important role in preventing cancer and heart diseases. They also contain bioflavonoids, the compounds which boost the immune system.
- Prevention of anemia: Eating mangoes during pregnancy serve a plethora of advantages provided you consume them in moderation. Being a rich source of Vitamin C, mangoes provide the essential nutrients that a woman needs during pregnancy. Vitamin C acts as a dual blessing, first, it satiates the sour cravings. Second, it helps in the absorption of iron in the blood. Thus, strengthening the RBCs with hemoglobin and resolving the problem of pregnancy-related anemia.
- Vitamin A and B6 for the development of bones and teeth: Mangoes are known to have betacarotene, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B6 in abundance. One cup of chopped mango provides more than a third of RDA (recommended daily allowance) of vitamin A. Vitamin A is known to help in the formation and development of a baby’s teeth and bones. It is also crucial for the development of the immune system and eyes in addition to aiding the development of the heart, lungs, and kidneys. The Vitamin B6 component helps in the development of a healthy nervous system and relieving the mother from nausea and morning sickness.
- Regulation of body fluids: During pregnancy, the blood volume increases. As a result, your body needs extra minerals. Mangoes contain electrolytes such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium that help in maintaining fluid balance. These electrolytes ensure that your nerves, heart, brain, and muscles work properly.
So, mangoes can be called one of the best fruits during pregnancy.
Did you find the above information helpful? Write us back. Get organic devgad Alphonso mangoes online at your door-step on Aamwalla.com