How To Buy Fresh Mangoes
When the season of mango arrives, the market is flooded only with this delicious fruit all around. Mangoes are delicious and nutritious fruit that is enjoyed by people all over the world. Due to its wide popularity, it is known as the ‘king of fruits‘. As mango comes in numerous colors, varieties, aromas, and flavors, it can be challenging to decide which ones are the finest to purchase. While selecting the best ones, it’s essential to have adequate knowledge before buying mangoes.
How to buy farm fresh and best quality of mangoes?
- Look for ripeness: The most important thing to consider when buying mangoes is ripeness. A ripe mango should be slightly soft to the touch and give off a fruity aroma. Avoid hard or overripe mangoes, as they will not have the same sweet and juicy flavour as a ripe one.
- Check the colour: The colour of a ripe mango can vary depending on the variety, but should generally be a deep yellow or red. Avoid green or discoloured mangoes, as these may not be fully ripe.
- Consider the shape: Mangoes should be plump and symmetrical. Avoid mangoes with dents or bruises, as these can indicate that the fruit is not fresh.
- Try different varieties: Different varieties of mangoes have different flavours, so it can be worth trying out a few different types to find your favourite.
- Decide between organic or conventional: You can choose between organic or conventional mangoes. Organic mangoes are grown without any synthetic pesticides or fertilizers and are considered healthier than conventional ones.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to select the perfect mangoes every time you shop and enjoy the sweet and juicy flavour of a perfectly ripe mango as a snack, or add them to your smoothies, salads, or desserts. Also, storing them properly can help to preserve their flavour and texture for an extended period.
Also Read: 3 Best Ways To Enjoy Mangoes In The Winter
It’s important to note that once a mango is cut or peeled, it will start to lose its flavour and texture and should be consumed within a day or two. If you are storing a cut or peeled mango, it’s best to keep it wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminium foil, or in an airtight container to slow down the spoilage process. Next time you go shopping, make sure to consider all these things while buying and don’t forget to store them correctly.